Saturday 9 August 2014

My Back to School Series: Preparing for a new year

Hi, and this is my Back to School Collection.

As a girl who hates going back to school after summer I can promise you that this collection of posts should help you be as prepared and organised for school as possible(if that is possible!).

So I have just over 2 weeks before going back to school and summer is running out. So what I've done is written down a list of everything that I want to do during these last weeks. These include:


  • Going to the beach
  • Going to a farm and berry picking
  • Ordering a Starbucks using a fake name
  • Going swimming
  • Have a picnic in the park
  • Bake
  • Go shopping
So I now know how to organise my next 3 weeks and I don't go back to school feeling like I did nothing.

Next thing I do is ensure that I have all of my supplies (stationary) for going back to school and I think that I'll do a post on this.

I also make sure I'm not too nervous about going back to school as 7 weeks away for school can make the place seem scary (even though it's not really scared). What I do is I make sure that I do stuff with my friends leading up to going back so I have nothing to be afraid of. I will do anything from getting a coffee to going to the beach.

I will also make sure that I have all of my school uniform (in Scotland most schools have a uniform) and I go shopping to buy everything from skater skirts to my rucksack!

I also make a list of lunch ideas for the year so that my parents can add the food I need to the weekly food shopping list and it makes sure that everyday at school I have something filling and tasty for lunch.

I also organise my room and my study so that I have plenty of area to work on my homework and studying. This also means creating a calm area to work which means however stressed I am the area should still help me stay relaxed. 

I know that as a teenager we all stay up to stupid o'clock doing whatever rubbish (reading, watching YouTube, tweeting etc) and during the summer holidays I seem to be staying up later and later so when I want to get into a better routine for sleeping I make sure that I set a "bed time" and an hour before this I turn off my laptop, iPad and the WiFi on my phone. This is good because the "blue" light in these can keep you up at night and disrupt your sleep (Google it!). I also make sure that I fall asleep before 11 o'clock and that I sleep for 7-9 hours a night. Remember not to get too much sleep and not too little, but don't stress about sleep! Another tip is not to drink coffee at night as it will also disrupt your sleep, maybe try a herbal tea like Chamomile Tea. I use all of these tips to help ensure that I have plenty of sleep and I start this routine a week before schools so that I have time to get into the swing of it.

Another tip is to ensure that you have plenty of plans for after the holiday as it helps keep me motivated at school (but make sure you still do your school work). I have already organised to go to a concert, a party and a holiday! 

Remember that school is for learning (but also make friends!).

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here from you, the reader! Just pop a comment and spread some love. Of course there are some rules, such as no bullying. Treat other readers like you would like to be treated!
Love,
Lauren