Tuesday 26 August 2014

Update Tuesday

Hey,

I like to think that this is just me writing to my future self, so that when I look back I can cringe at young me and laugh at the fact that I wore dungarees and crop tops. Maybe then I'll have a young family to laugh with, or maybe it'll just be me and my cats looking at me and wishing I was young again.

So I started this blog a while back but I think that I should have a fresh start, however I won't delete any old cringe posts but I 'll try to make them private.

This is my update to say that it'll just be me who blogs on here as my friend who I started this with decided it wasn't for her - but she was the better writer out of us two! This has caused me to change my blog name and also my domain - but I've not chosen the name yet!

I decided that I should help old me get a better idea of who I am right now and to do this I thought I would do a post dedicated to introducing me!

I saw this post on another blog and I decided it would be a good idea:

  1. Do you have a middle name? Yes but it is embarrassing (thanks mum and dad!).
  2. What was/is your favourite subject in school? History or business are probably my favourites but I enjoy all of the subjects I am taking this year.
  3. What's your favourite drink? I normally just drink water but I love herbal teas and lemonade, weird variety.
  4. Favourite song at the moment? I am loving Ed Sheeran's "X" album but my favourite song write now is "Indian Summer" by Stereophonics as it feels so Autumnal.
  5. What would you name your children? I have never been one of those people who has decided the name of my children. (I don't think I'll ever find a man anyway!).
  6. Do you participate in any sports? I have never really been a sporty person because I hate when it gets too competitive. I remember a few years ago in PE my teacher was trying to get us to do some violent shot in badminton that needed a quick, powerful hit, my teacher said that I should get my anger out by hitting it really hard. After 10 minutes of gentle shots she realised that I had no anger and I stood there in the middle of the class utterly embarrassed with all of my friends watching. Yeah... Other than when I'm required to do sport, I run and am training for a 5K but I also do a little hockey.
  7. Favourite Book? It's like asking a mother to choose there favourite child, but if I had to choose it would be "The Da Vinvi Code" by Dan Brown, I'm not into violent or crime novels but this one is different!
  8. Favourite Colour? My favourite colour changes depending on the season (that sounds weird!) but right now it is purple, it is summery but with orange it is perfect for Autumn.
  9. Favourite Animal? I recently got a dog but I also have a cat and a fish, I sound like I live in a Pet Shop, but I don't have a favourite animal! When I was younger I loved dolphins, I mean LOVED!
  10. Favourite Perfume? I love Daisy by Marc Jacobs but I wear body sprays more, for example the Hollister Body Sprays.
  11. Favourite Holiday? I love when me and my family go to a Villa in France and just become locals for the holiday but I also enjoy going to big cities. My favourite city is probably Paris but I want to go to Italy and America! I just love soaking in the culture.
  12. Have you graduated High School? No, I am still in high school.
  13. Have you been out of the country? Yeah, I've been to France, Spain, Belgium, England, Wales, Monaco, Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Australia. I love travelling so I think I'll take a gap year.
  14. Do you speak any other languages? I obviously speak English but I also speak French and actually just got an A in the class!
  15. Do you have any siblings? I'm the middle child and I have 2 sisters.
  16. What's your favourite store? I don't have a favourite store but I get a lot of my clothes from H&M, Hollister, Top Shop and Forever 21.
  17. Favourite Restaurant? I think I have an addiction to Nando's, it is sooo good. I also like Italian, so I really just like any Italian restaurant. Other than that I like a small French restaurant near me.
  18. Did/do you like school? Yeah, I like school. It is one of those places that so many people hate and I understand why, all the drama! I think the reason I like school is because my mum taught me from such a young age that school is for learning!
  19. Favourite YouTubers? I like watching YouTube too much so I have a lot of favourites: DanIsNotOnFirre, Emma Blackery, Carrie Hope Fletcher, StilaBabe09, Motoki Maxted, SprinkleOfGlitter.
  20. Favourite Movie? Taken, I don't know why but I love it! Other than that I love comedies.
  21. Favourite TV Show? How I Met Your Mother *wipes away tear* and Dr Who (Peter Capaldi, YAY!).
  22. PC or Mac? PC because I'm poor!
  23. What phone do you have? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and I love it!
  24. How tall are you? I'm 5'4"!
  25. What do you order at Starbucks? I don't go to Starbucks that much but during winter I order the Hazelnut or Caramel Hot Chocolate but during summer I love the Raspberry and Blackcurrent Blended Juice Drink and the Orange Refresha.
  26. One thing in your closet you cannot live without? I seem to always be cold so I love cardigans - even during summer! Other than cardigans I always wear skinny jeans and skater skirts.
  27. What's one thing most people probably don't know about you? I only tell people who are close to me but it isn't really a secret - I'm partially deaf (or was) and it has really affected my life but still so few people know about it.
  28. Name one thing you want to do befre you die. I want to have travelled the world - obviously not everywhere but everywhere I want to go! My Great-Aunt travelled a lot (and still does) which means she has so many great stories to tell but she is also so educated on every country she's visited! Other than that I would like to have a family because I think that bringing life into the world is one of the most wonderful things anyone can do.
  29. What food can you not live without? Other than the obvious chocolate, ice cream, pizza and chips I love pesto pasta and a caesar salad.
  30. What quote do you live by? I think that Mahatma Ghandi is an inspiration and I love his quotes, "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind" and "Be the change that you wish to see in the world".
  31. What's your most listened to song on iTunes? I don't actually listen to my music on iTunes because I've got a Samsung phone!
  32. What kind of style would you define yourself as having? I don't think I have one specific style as I like to change mine around, so sometimes it will be girly and other days it will be a lot of a darker look. 
  33. Favourite number? Probably 10.
  34. Two Hobbies? Blogging (does that count?) and running.
  35. Two pet peeves. I hate to see people spreading bacteria, so when someone sneezes and doesn't do anything about it or when people leave the toilet with there hands not washed I get so annoyed! I also hate when people bite there nails!
  36. Guilty Pleasures? Please don't tell anyone this but I play the Kim Kardashian game! I also love food...
I hope you now know more about me and I've decided that I'll do a post each week and if I lack behind I'll try to catch up.

Love,
Lauren. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to here from you, the reader! Just pop a comment and spread some love. Of course there are some rules, such as no bullying. Treat other readers like you would like to be treated!
Love,
Lauren