I was like that but now I know how to avoid losing all of my stationary and ensure that I have all of the right stuff.
So I wrote a list and bought all of the stuff (mainly from Ryman). Here is my list (sorry there is no pictures):
- Pens - A necessity but I only use blue ink (I think it looks neater) but for correcting my work I use red.
- Pencils - I use mechanical pencils as they NEVER need sharpened.
- Eraser - This comes in handy as I always make mistakes.
- Tippex - I use the tippex mouse as liquid often spills and if you use it too much the pages can begin to crackle when you turn them.
- Highlighter - I only bought 1 highlighter this year and it is bright green. I don't use them too much but they are really helpful for ensuring I memorise the most important points. (This is the closest I could get to what I bought).
- Multi-Coloured Pens - When I want to pour some colour into my notes I use these pens (fineliners) to write them.
- Ruler - It is required to have a ruler (30cm) for maths in my school but they are often too big to carry in my bag so I got a collapsible one!
- Maths set - required.
- Calculator - these are also required!
- Pritt Sticks - Although our my school gives us glue sticks, for gluing in extra notes, they always run out or dry out within a month of school - so I bought my own.
- Folders - carry jotters, homework or projects. Great and cheap!
- Post Its - I use Post Its to keep note of homework and anything I'm likely to forget (doctors appointments, coffee dates etc). They are also great as quick revision notes that I leave about the house (learning some -ER verbs while making tea!).
- Flashcards - great for quick revision while out and about, a lot of people swear by these but only use them if they help you study effectively.
- Notebok (large) - I use this for studying at home as I like to copy my notes out until they are in my head.
- Notebook (small) - Sometimes teachers only want you to take down certain notes but I want extensive notes, as it helps me while studying. This is when I might take down the extra notes in here. I also use this when doing last minute studying at lunch or if a teacher tells us to study for a test while in class.
- Homework Diary - I love these! I honestly swear by these and I believe that these are one of the few things that help me stay organised. I also use mine to keep note of my social life and other random stuff, I keep these in sync with my calendar in my room and my phone calendar as well as the taxis calendar (also known as my mum and dad's calendars!).
- Pencil Case - I saw this pencil case while shopping and fell in love with it; it is quite big and so pretty!
- Lunch Box - A great size as it isn't too big or too small! How cute is it!!!!!
- Water Bottle - This bottle is AMAZING! I heard about it a while back but after hearing another couple of people raving about it I decided that it was time to get it; the bottle is basically just a nicely shaped clear plastic bottle with a carbon filter.
- School bag - I got this bag back in January and I love it! It is perfect; pretty, quite big (but not too big), great shape and good quality! (This is the closest I could get to my bag).
This post is mainly for me as it will help me next year to see what I bought. I hope that it might have also helped you and I have 2 more posts in this series unless there is any requests!